Our goal at Commerce Chenango Economic Development is to develop a prosperous, business-friendly economic climate in order to yield long term job growth, capital investment and improved quality of life in Chenango County, NY. Our staff provides services and support for the expansion of existing businesses and the attraction of new enterprises. In 2013 alone, we provided over 100 hours of technical assistance and loaned more than $1 million to firms creating/retaining approximately 50 jobs, with over 200 new jobs projected to be created (read our full report here).
Continued success includes strategies for:
- business development, retention, and expansion, including business planning resources, funding options and revolving loan funds.
- infrastructure and housing development, such as making tax credit and property tax abatements available through our Industrial Development Agency.
- downtown revitalization through opportunities such as our New Berlin Main Steet Program.
- supporting agriculture economic development through access to business planning, succession planning and our newly added Dairy Revolving Loan Fund.
- the growth of tourism, cultural, and arts activities by collaborating with Chenango County Tourism and most recently the Chenango County Lodging Demand Analysis, which provides data on the lack of and need for quality accommodations.